Friday, June 25, 2010

Fleur de Lis Abstract Paintings by artist Linda Paul

abstract fleur de lis painting

This is my latest Fleur de lis inspired arwork


Artist Inspiration: I am very frustrated by the disaster in the Gulf so I have started a new series of abstract paintings to express my feelings as well as my hope and solidarity with everyone impacted by this tragedy . My concept for this artwork is to create order from chaos.


Primary Colors Fleur de lis by artist Linda Paul
Size: 12" x 16" x 1-1/4"
medium: acrylic painting on canvas - ready to hang
Special price $299.00 with free shipping in USA and to Canada



This is an original acrylic painting on canvas. I channeled a little Jackson Pollock for the chaos part of the painting. This is a study for a larger artwork in a 30" x 30" size. More sizes! You can commission a custom work of this painting in any size and colors of your choice.


Meaning of fleur de lis: The fleur de lis is a stylized lily. Fleur means flower in french and lis means lily. It has long been used in history for everything from decorative ornaments to kings and military insignia. In July 2008 the fleur-de-lis became the official symbol of the state of Louisiana
actual french translation of fleur de lis is flower of the lily


I also created a fleur de lis from pure copper and egg tempera

You can see all my work at www.lindapaul.com

No comments:

Post a Comment